Gnome Screenshots by elmo198 3 comments
The most impressive thing (remember - my views..;)) is how close is (how well fits) to my mockups for a nice ubuntu Look&Feel.
Please consider contacting me for some chat over looks (if you feel like).
Again Excellent (!) peace of work. Minimalistic yet so classy. Congrats from me. - Dec 01 2006
P.S: I ain't sure what exactly I should suggest, I have created some OSX looking buttons, but from what I understand you are not using a pixmap engine, consider that Blog/site suggestion of mine, it will greatly boost help and comments from others, as I see there's a rising interest for your effort. I could also help with the blog, if you find this suggestion interesting, I could give you some links to check some other blogs I created, or sites. Bardon me, again, I just fell an urge to contribute in waht I am sure I 'll be using the first day it's released. Greatly appreciate this, I know it's been told, but I fell like repeating it - Nov 28 2006
I could be contributing in any way I am capable (these unfortunately bieng only two, comments and image editing which I find my self quite able at).
Keep up the good work, I like some(/all the) minor changes I see in your screenshots. Finally take a look at my OSX panel, if it's up to your standards use it in any way you see fit (as an image/or find a way to make your engine making panels look like that).
Best Regards, TJ. - Nov 27 2006
I've been watching this effort of yours and I applaud your efforts with enthusiasm.
I would like to know if you can open this project too, so others can help, basically I ain't that skilled when it comes to coding but I am pretty handy with images, so wherever you wish something to be done I would be glad to help, if you need me to. I beieve others could help with code (like malwk suggested).
Anyway if I get it right this is going to be a full implementation of MacOS X so that with kxdocker,beryl and so on it could mimic both Look&feel. Plz clarify that cause it ain't clear to me.
1. The scrollbars need to have motion and macos x look, graphite and aqua.
2. The buttons need to be rounded 9which the seem to be) but a LOT smaller, take a look at baghira for some ideas.
3. The tabs need to be rounded (which seem to be partially done) but also to have aqua focus and to be centered.
4. The tough part is to be able to change look&fell for different window types... yup I know it's difficult but tough targets make efforts worthy. What I mean is to be able to have metal lokk for music players (like iTunes is fin macosX) and stuff like that while most apps use milky or brushed look. Again baghira does these things so try taking a lokk at it, it may give a boost to your thought.
5. Finally I believe that a project page or blog should be created so that it would be easier to contribute (?) and watch the progress.
I don't know if I am even close to understanding what you wish to create and how much time you wish to spend for it, forgive me if I didn't get your intentions. I am just excited with the prospect of what it could be...
P.S.: Please feel free to contact me if you don't wish to answer using this comments space.
P.S.: I feel like expressing in advance how sorry I am, in case I discomfort you with this one. - Nov 17 2006
!!! PLZ let me know when you have downloaded the file, so I can delete the link !!! - Oct 28 2006
Ok, It's obvious I am kidding, BUT plz answer the following questions (note it is what I wish to know maybe others would like a complete howto or "wheretofind"):
1. GTK theme?
2. Borders? (if u use emerald cgwd etc)
3. OSX like dock? (ANSWER THIS ONE ATLEAST PLZ)
4. OSX like panel (you know moving the controls from the window(file-edit etc) to the panel.
PLZ gimme a hint on those, or even better write down a detailed how-to/"whereto" for the whole thing.
Regards, TurboJugend. - Oct 23 2006
1. Try and create a better hour handle, minute handle, or modofy these ones so the y look on the same axis. Now they don't look nice as they are apart, try using the grid for that.
2. Your second's dot's need some centering too, again the grid will help you do the job.
I don't mean to offend you by any way with this comment, I just hope to give some usefull feedback. - Oct 07 2006
It is different and I nice the car realation, and I shouldn't forget to metnion I really apreaciate your credit, though I should mention that version of the clock isn't entirelly made from me. - Oct 03 2006
Again with millions of "thank you" for your interest on my efforts, and views! - Sep 29 2006
I am flattered by your comment, I always tried to create sth beatifull and your amazing application (the Clock that would be) was the perfect base!
Again thanks a million. As for the one file theme... i hope it is as functional as the way it is now. - Sep 29 2006
If you need anything more on that plz contact me via email or an instant messanger, so we can keep this place for comments. - Sep 17 2006
You see there's no other way for me to know if you like it, if you wish a mod for it, if something should be fixed etc. Above all though I wanna know if it worths the trouble....
I hope you all like it, and I 'll get to release more. - Sep 15 2006